Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Is the Tim Hortons parking lot safe?

Just to warn you... some of my worries are legit, some aren't. I can't tell the difference so I'm just going to post them all.

Tonight I went to meet some friends at a Tim Hortons for some hot chocolate. The Tim Hortons was located in a sketchy part of town and I had come straight from my sisters with all my stuff including a 7 month old MacBook (the love of my life). Well I didn't want to bring my ginorme backpack into Tim Hortons so I covered it up with a scarf and a few other things lying around in my car. I only thought I was going to be an hour or so. It turned out to be two hours and every minute I was panicking that someone was breaking into my car and stealing my laptop. Every few minutes I would peak out the window (which did not have a very good view of my car anyway) to see if I could see any activity or anyone near my car.
The later it got, the more people started coming in... and not daytime people... night time construction workers. Well whats my first thought?? They are going to, or have already, stolen my computer.
I tried to wrap up the conversation but they kept talking and I could hardly sit in my seat anymore. Finally we all got up and walked to our cars and the first thing I did was check to make sure my laptop was safe and sound. Sure enough it was under all the garbage I put on top of it, exactly where I left it.
Panic Averted!!!

Omni

No comments: